When you're in the market for new flooring, there are a lot of things to consider. Choosing the right type of flooring depends on your needs, your budget, and even your lifestyle.
If you're shopping online, browsing through all of the different options can be overwhelming. In this post, we'll walk you through five tips for finding what you need on the web: picking out colors, ordering samples, choosing the right flooring type for your needs, and more!
- Picking out colors is the first step in online shopping for flooring. It's important to know what you like and don't like before you start browsing. Every home has its own style, so make sure you have either selected and finalized your overall design style or consulted with the interior designer prior to ordering flooring online. The best way to do this is by looking at paint swatches, fabric samples, and other items that have strong color contrasts. When you're picking out colors, it's important to take things like lighting into consideration. It's hard to judge how a certain hue will look in your space if it's only being displayed on a screen.
- Ordering samples is also a good idea because it will give you a better idea of how the flooring will look once installed in your home or office. This way, you won't be surprised when it arrives at your door! If you have other elements of your design already selected, try getting samples of it as well. You can compare your tile for the shower or backsplash samples with your flooring sample. If you have an opportunity visit local showrooms where you can see the products firsthand.
- Flooring types are not all created equal! Some types of flooring can be more difficult than others to install or maintain over time, so make sure that whatever type of flooring you choose fits in with your lifestyle and goals for the space where it will be installed. For example, hardwood flooring can require more maintenance than other flooring options, but it can last for decades. You can sand and refinish solid hardwood many times throughout its lifetime, update the stain and get a fresh look every time. Here are some tips for cleaning and care for hardwood flooring.
- If you're ordering a large quantity of several similar types of flooring, ask about bulk discounts or other savings opportunities so that you can get the best price possible on all of your items together at once! We appreciate our military families and first responders! As a token of our appreciation, we've partnered with GovX to offer a 5% discount at Floorzz. Also, with our Floorzz Pro program you can get free samples, access to exclusive products and priority processing and shipping. Learn more about Floorzz Pro here.
- When ordering online, ask as many questions as possible! The customer service department should be able to answer all of your questions about shipping times and delivery dates. If you have a specific deadline for delivery, make sure to let the company know. They’ll be able to tell you if they can meet that deadline or not. It’s also important to make sure you understand what is covered by their warranty before ordering any products.
There are many options for flooring available out there. Our team at Floorzz wants you to be confident about the product you are choosing, so don't hesitate to ask as many questions as you need. We can provide recommendations about colors, sizes, quality, what best fits your needs, and even the amount of product you will need for your project. We are here to help you with online shopping for flooring and other home remodeling materials.